Image Map

Monday, September 29, 2014

Five for Friday {Late to the Party}

Ok- I'm a little bit late. It is now Monday, but I wanted to do a linky anyway, and as far as I can tell, this was the most recent one. So here it is! My five for Friday Monday. Linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching


 I had an emergency IEP coming up for one of my students, so now I will be throwing together my very first IEP in a little less than a week. I'm pretty much done at this point, but I was SO overwhelmed when I found out that I had to do it. I am a huge planner, and now I didn't have enough planning time. I am thinking it is going to be ok! If you have an IEP tips or tricks, let me know!

 We had a science block where we started working on apple life cycles. We had a lot of fun with it, and my kids understand it! Yay! Let's see if we can make the connection between the plant and animal life cycles...


We had a data team meeting with my grade level, and I discovered that my severe SPED students are actually not that far behind the general education students! Especially in math... we are right on their heels! The gap is closing!!!


My cheerleaders had a football game on Friday. It was hot and muggy, but we almost won! Which was really impressive considering we were playing a D1 team who kicked our butts last year. We were only a couple points away, and played really well! 


My mom comes into town this Thursday, so I spent a majority of the week/weekend cleaning, organizing, decorating, and trying to make my apartment look nice... Easier said then done. That will continue through out this week, and probably right up until she gets here. 

Well that's it! Only 4 more school days until a much needed fall break. Woo hoo! This new teacher desperately needs the break...

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on completing the 1st quarter...only 3 more quarters to go! I found you through the "I'm a Hawaii Blogger" and fairly new to the blogging world. I have been teaching kindergarten for the past 15 years. Best of luck for the rest of the school year...it can be tough at times, but the rewards in May/June are so worth it! Happy Fall Break.

    Julie
    Kindergarten To The Core

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! Copy and paste the link to find out what to do next.

    http://glamourandgluesticks.blogspot.com/2014/11/liebster-award_13.html

    Lydia

    ReplyDelete