Image Map

Friday, April 3, 2015

My SPED Daily Schedule

I am linking up with Schroeder's Schenanigans and Lucky Little Learners to share my daily schedule! For those that don't know, I teach a special education self contained class for grades k-2. My schedule is sort of funky because I tried to mesh it with the kindergarten, 1st grade, and 2nd grade schedules.
 




Ms. Mullen's Daily Schedule

7:40am- Students begin to arrive, unpack their backpacks, and finish eating their breakfast. 
7:50am- School officially starts, and my students work on their morning journal.  
8:30am- Morning circle time
8:45am- Math review
9:00am- Math lesson for the day
10:15am- Lunch
11:00am- Independent reading
11:30am- ELA lesson for the day
12:30pm- Other content less (spelling, science, social studies, art-depending on the day of the week)
1:00pm- Recess
1:15pm- Other content cont. 
1:45pm- Pack & Stack 
2:05pm- Dismissal
*This schedule is different on Wednesday since we get out early! Plus it changes all the time due to my students' speech, OT, PT, and other schedules.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for linking up with us, Rachel! I've loved seeing such a wide variety of schedules like yours!

    AshleySchroeder Shenanigans in 2nd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! It is always great to meet fellow special ed bloggers :) I teach a 3-5 self contained class and my best friend teaches the k-2 class (in the same school in the room next to me how awesome is that?!!) I love that you teach math in the morning...I have been toying around with the idea of switching up my schedule to do this...math at the end of the day is awful for me and the students! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up with us Rachel. I enjoyed reading your post!
    Mrs. Olson’s Lucky Little Learners

    ReplyDelete