Image Map

Thursday, April 30, 2015

The Liebster Award!

I was nominated for The Liebster Award by Nicole from Adventures in the ATC!!!!

The Liebster Award is given to beginning bloggers to help acknowledge up and coming blogs. Upon receiving the nomination, the blogger answers 11 questions to help their followers get to know them better. Then, I will have a chance to nominate 11 other bloggers!

1.            Why and how long ago did you start blogging?

I have been blogging for a couple of years now. It started out as a way to laugh about my student teaching experiences, and a way to share with my family who lived far away. Now I am trying to transition it into something more like all the other teacher blogs that I see.
2.         What one word sums up the heart of your blog and why?

Sharing! I am sharing with my family, sharing with other teachers, and they are sharing with me. I love seeing all the different things that other teachers are doing, and being able to connect with other SPED teachers who just "get it."

3.     Is there something you learned late in your blogging journey you wished you knew before?

I am still so knew to blogging that I am learning something new every day!!! I would love to learn teachers come up with the things that they post and how they continue to post in a timely manner!!!

4.         What is your favorite pastime other than blogging?

In my spare time, I have been coaching cheerleading for girls in grades 7-9. I also love hanging out with my zoo at home (2 cats, 2 dogs).

5.         How many hours a week do you dedicate to your blog/TPT?

Not as much as I should. :) I am still trying to figure out how to balance my time teaching and personal life with blogging. Plus- I'm prepping for a big move in the next couple months, so I really need to work to make time to blog.

6.         What category of blog posts do you enjoy most?

I love blogs where people are just telling stories about their experiences. And I especially enjoy posts where teachers are "venting." I find so many posts to be incredibly relatable and it just reminds me that I am not alone.

7.          Where does your blog inspiration come from?

Currently my inspiration comes from whatever happened in the classroom. Art projects, lessons, funny stories. I also really enjoy participating in linky parties that way I can discover more blogs, and have a set topic to write about. :)

8.         Which post that you’ve written are you most proud of?

I must say that I don't really have a standout post yet, but one that I currently am working on in my "drafts" is probably going to be a real favorite!

9.     Is there a post you have been planning to do but have been postponing it for a while now?
The one that is currently in my draft.... I think it is the best one I have written!!! We will see once I publish it.

10.     What is your favorite aspect of blogging?

My favorite aspect of blogging is being able to make friends with teachers all over the world. It's crazy to think that someone reading my little blog could be in Texas or Florida or even Australia!!!
11.         Which idea from a blog would you like to try yourself?

I want to try the Brigance Safety Sight word pack from Simply Special Ed. Many of my kiddos are working on personal safety, so I think this would be a great idea in my classroom!!! I also find many decorating and classroom set up ideas from all of the blogs I follow, and I can't wait to try it out in my classroom next year!!
Now I nominate these wonderful teacher bloggers:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment