Image Map

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Surviving until Summer!

With only 6 weeks left to go in the school year for me (yay!), I can't help but look forward to summer. I have so many adventures coming up at the end of the school year and so much to look forward to, but I also have a ton of stuff to get through before that time comes. I'm linking up with Fabulous in First and Queen of the First Grade Jungle to share how I am Surviving Until Summer both at school and at home!

Inside the Classroom:

  1. Go Noodle! Since my students have been a bit more fidgety and unfocused than normal, we have been taking lots and lots of go noodle breaks! They love doing the Mr. Catman brain teaser videos, and they all love to dance. They all have their favorite videos that they ask for every day. I love seeing their enthusiasm for dancing and moving. Sometimes they even ask to do the videos instead of going out for recess!
  2. New Student! Even though we only have 6 weeks left of school, I got a new student from another class (newly qualified for SPED) and she is a joy! She is more verbal than most of my students and enjoys playing with my non verbal kiddos. She participates well and follows all directions and seems to crave positive attention! She is a great fit in our class and is really helping the non verbal kids try to "talk".
  3. New Curriculum! Although I tried my best, I wasn't the greatest at making time for science/social studies. But now, thanks to TPT, I have some new activities for both of those areas, and I have lessons planned through the end of the year! My kids love doing science, and I am so grateful for the wonderful resources online that are allowing me to keep them engaged!
  4. Yoga....! I am thinking about doing daily (or maybe weekly) yoga time in my class! I think my kids would love it, and it would be great for some of my kiddos with motor delays. Anyone want to come teach my kids yoga?!
Outside the Classroom

  1. Exploring Hawaii! Since I only have about 7 weeks left of living on this wonderful island, I am trying to make the most of my time. I am going to cram as much "touristy" activities in as I can before I leave! Some of the things on the agenda include swimming with dolphins, shark cage diving, sea walking, parasailing, and just spending some more time at the beach.
  2. Packing! Since I'll be moving right after the school year ends, I am trying to slowly but surely pack up my apartment for the move. Even though I am leaving a lot of stuff here, I still magically have a lot of stuff to bring. I don't think I'll ever be done packing!
  3. Blogging/Instagram! I am trying to blog more and be more involved in the wonderful teacher community that is online. I created a blog instagram (follow me!! my name is thespecialabcs) and am in the process of having my blog name changed, as well as my design! I love being able to share with all the wonderful teachers out there, and getting advice for all the problems I run into. Plus, it's a great way to keep my family updated on my teaching adventures, since they all live on the mainland. 
How are you surviving until summer? :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Hawaii. A little jealous. =)
    Can't believe you got a new student! Yikes.
    And yoga-- such a great idea! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are surviving with Go Noodle, too!

    Ahh, Hawaii! What an awesome experience to live & teach there!
    We are going for a week this summer, & I couldn't be more excited! Any MUST do's for Hawaii (not sure which island you are on)???

    Mallory
    Sprinkles for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete